MEMOCODE has a long history of a successful co-design contest section. Even within this design contest, we have seen an evolving trend. Initially the challenge problem started to be implemented as synthesis of co-processors for co-designing a specific computation intensive system. Today, with GPUs, FPGA boards and other flexible hardware add-ons, we often find even software solutions that compete well with the purely co-processor based co-design solutions.
As in previous years, MEMOCODE'15 will include a design contest, which will pose a computational challenge that participants may solve using hardware or software on FPGAs, GPUs, and CPUs. The conference will sponsor at least one prize with a monetary award for the contest winners. Additionally, each team delivering a complete and working solution will be invited to prepare an abstract and present it at the conference, and the winning teams will be invited to contribute a short paper for presentation in the conference program. The 2015 design contest specification is available HERE.
- Design Contest starts June 1,2015 (was May 21)
- Contest Submissions July 1, 2015 (was June 21)
- Evaluation Results July 21, 2015
- Design Papers due August 21, 2015
Congratulations to our winners!
The winners of the 2015 MEMOCODE Design Contest are
- First Place Kenichi Koizumi, Mary Inaba, Kei Hiraki
- Second Place Armin Ahmadzadeh, Ehsan Montahaie, Milad Ghafouri, Reza Mirzaei, Saied Rahmani, Farzad Sharif Bakhtiar, Mohsen Gavahi, Rashid Zamanshoar, Hanie Ghasemi, Kianoush Jafari, Saeid Gorgin
University of Tokyo
Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM), Iran